Today is one of my best friends birthday’s she is 30 today!! I hope that you have a great day!!!!!!!!
25 Sep 2007 4 Comments
I got this beautiful Namastae knitting bag in a swap off the knittyboards. I love this bag! Look at the inside
Now for the Yarn P*rn
I got this Debbie Bliss Pure Silk for my ISE 5 pals scarf I am going to make Branching out for her. I hope that she likes it. Would you??
In this mess of things we have some Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino, DB Super Chunky cashmerino, Noro Iro, Noro kureyon, Noro silk garden, and some nifty new sock yarn I am not sure the new of it off the top of my head and I already put it away. When I find out I’ll let you know. 🙂
14 Sep 2007 7 Comments
This week the dying bug hit so my good friend Trish and I got everything together and started dying some yarn and this is what we came up with.
This is what Trish dyed it’s turquoise, plum, and brown
This is one we did together Burgundy dark gray, and pink
And this is the one I did pink brown and I left some bare
So what do you think? I have a few more left to do I have a ton of different colors the next 2 I am doing are going to be mint green and light brown, and green and gray slytherin colors for my hsks sock pal.
As for that shawl that I was knitting for my lys well I knit the thing 2 times and both times I came up with a mistake that should not have happened. The shawl had the fringe built in and when I would go to drop my stitch and unravel the fringe the damn bind off would unravel so I took it to her and we decide to just frog it and move on to the next project. so that is what I am doing. I have started to make a new hat that I am designing based on a hat I saw in Harry Potter that Cho wore in the last movie, and I am still going with Phineas and I started a pair of sock for Trish for her birthday. I also have to finish Baileigh’s baby blanket and then I am going to make her socks, and sweater and a hat.
Things are starting to slow down with the boys and work so I have some time now. Happy knitting!!
13 Sep 2007 Leave a comment
1. Who is the Hogwarts teacher that Voldermort performed the Avada Kedavra curse on in Deathly Hallows?
b. Charity Burbage
2. Who replaces the Muggles studies teacher in Deathly Hallows?
c. Alecto Carrow
3. When Harry meets Mr. Olivander for the first time, which wand law is introduced?
c. The wand chooses the wizard.
4. According to Mr. Ollivander, what is not necessary to take true possession of another wizard’s wand?
a. to kill the owner
5. If you know anything about Harry Potter, you will know that Harry’s Patronus is a stag. But what is his best friend Ron Weasley’s Patronus?
d. Jack Russell Terrier
6. Now for the third member of the trio. What form does Hermione Granger’s Patronus take?
7. What did Mrs. Wealey make to eat the first night that Harry arrived at Grimmauld Place?
8. In book 5, at the start of term feast, what is Ron eating when trying to talk to Nearly Headless Nick?
c. Roast potato
9. A half-giant called Rubeus Hagrid takes you to Diagon Alley for the first time. To get there, you go into the courtyard of a pub called the Leaky Cauldron. There, Hagrid taps a certain brick on the courtyard wall three times with his pink umbrella, revealing the entrance to Diagon Alley. As he decides which brick to tap, he mutters instructions to himself. What instructions does he mutter?
b. ‘Three up… two across
10. The first place you go in Diagon Alley is Gringotts bank,where you can withdraw money from your vault and Hagrid can withdraw a top-secret package from Vault No. 713 on Dumbledore’s orders. On the second set of doors leading into the bank you notice a poem written. These are the first two lines:
Enter, stranger, but take heed
Of what awaits the sin of greed,What is the next line?
d. ‘For those who take, but do not earn
Picture Scavenger Hunt
You may either post these pictures on your blog OR simply link to them.
07 Sep 2007 3 Comments
Yesterday the UPS man came to my house and he brought me this
At first I didn’t know who it was from there was no note but then I remebered that my secret pal emailed me to let me know that a package was coming. Yeah! So I opened the box and this is what I found
One of my favorite sock yarns Sunshine yarn in the brick colorway, some yarn that I have never tried called Cornucopia 100% corn yarn the colors are elderberry and radicchio love the colors, some very pretty beads, addi dpns, lifesavers,project cards, and not in the picture are dark chocolate kisses I gave these to the boys I can’t eat dark chocolate so the boys were so very happy to eat these up for me!! I love the box it will come in very handy! Thank you so much!! I know the sock yarn will become embossed leaves from the interweave sock book. I can’t wait to get those started!
I have been knitting a shawl for my lys that shold have been done at the beginning of summer but I didn’t have time. I got to the bind off and ran out of yarn. I hope that she has more so I can finish it. I have started the second phineas sock it has taken a backset to the shawl so I hope to get it done soon. I will post a picture of the finished shawl hopefully tomorrow. Happy knitting!!